- Spread the oats and seeds on a tray and toast in oven at 350°F for 5 minutes, then stir. Now toast for another 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Combine honey, butter, sugar vanilla and salt in small pot and melt on the stove, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the sugar mixture on the oats & seeds. Mix well.
- Wait 5 minutes before adding raisins and chocolate. Mix again.
- Pour onto pan lined with parchment paper. Cover with another piece of parchment paper. Press down very firmly.
- Place in fridge for about 2 hours.
- Now, one more step… cut into bars with a sharp knife.
November 28, 2017
Homemade Granola Bars
You know those granola bars you bought at the store yesterday? Well you can make even better granola bars at home. They cost less and taste a whole lot better! Also, you can change this recipe to make it just right for you. I mean, how do you know what`s in the store granola bars. Do you read the label? With homemade granola bars, you know exactly what’s in them and you choose all your favorite ingredients. Don’t like pumpkin seeds? Try sunflower seeds. Don’t like raisins? Use dried apple. You’re the boss of this recipe! Make it however you like. So, get ready to make your very own scrumptious granola bars! You may never buy wrapped granola bars again.
2 ½ cups oats
½ cup pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
½ tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
½ cup dried cranberries, raisins
1/4 cup chocolate chips
There you have it… homemade granola bars. And NO wrappers! These snacks are completely waste-free. And totally delicious. Bon apetite!