- Start with a reusable lunch bag. Brown, paper bags lunches are so 1970. Haha!
- Place lunch foods and snacks in reusable containers. Wash and reuse them over and over again. And whatever you do, kids... don't lose them!
- Bring water to school in reusable water bottles. And kids... once again, don't lose them!
- Send juice and other drinks in reusable containers too.
- Label lunch bags and containers with your child’s name so lost containers can find their way back home.
- Consider sending more homemade lunches and snacks. They make less garbage. Store-bought foods are often packaged in disposable wrappers.
- By the way, new recipes are just a Google search away.
- You can also find great lunch and snack recipes in our very own blog, wastefreejackman.blogspot.com
- Remember… fresh fruit is waste free, naturally.
- Reuse Ziploc bags instead of throwing them out.
- Reduce the use of disposable wraps such as foil and plastic wrap. They can't be recycled.
- Pack reusable forks and spoons. Just wash and reuse. Simple.
August 18, 2018
Waste-Free Lunches and Snacks
We encourage Jackman families to pack eco-friendly lunches and snacks as often as possible. Try to reduce the amount of garbage you make when sending lunches and snacks to school. Here are some ideas to get you started...
Let’s make our school a waste-free place.